Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 307

I'm home!! And I love it!! There's nothing like coming back to the house/room/neighbourhood you grew up in - I've been doing a lot of reflecting, relaxing, and practicing mindfulness :)

While I'm here I'm going to spend quite a bit of time at the Botswana-Baylor Children's Clinical Centre of Excellence. The facility, the first of its kind on the African continent, provides and supervises state-of-the-art care and treatment for more than 4,000 HIV-infected children and families from around Botswana, both at the center and through its decentralized clinical mentoring program. I visited the clinic this morning to make sure I was set to start volunteering there next week. I was given a quick tour, the volunteer coordinator told me a little bit about the different programs they offer, and gave me an overview of the children's playgroup (this is where I will be volunteering). I'm nervous (of course) but am really looking forward to meeting the kids.

Since Dona is still recovering from a bout of flu/fever/bronchitis I figured I would use some of my downtime to donate rice through freerice.com
I stuck to English vocabulary and donated 1500 grains of rice.

How did you give back today??

No comments:

Post a Comment