Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 309

Being home is presenting some interesting opportunities to give back. This evening I am going to the annual Guy Fawkes celebration at the Gaborone Cricket Club. It's a night of fireworks, food, music, and lots of socializing. The money raised from the event goes towards cricket development and upkeep of the club facilities. I'll post pictures tomorrow since it's going to be a long fun-filled night :)


I also took the opportunity of a quiet afternoon to visit care2.com and thehungersite.com
I went through the usual click to donate tabs on both sites. 

I took today's daily action to "like' San Diego Zoo Global on Facebook and spread the word about their wildlife conservation efforts. For nearly 100 years, San Diego Zoo Global has been actively caring for wildlife. Whether it is their giant panda study in China or their African elephant work in Botswana (how could I resist), they are making the world a better place for wildlife.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment