Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 158

I was back at the Salvation Army this evening. There were about eight other volunteers helping out today, mostly kids, teens, and a pregnant lady who is due this Friday!!

One of the parents told me she brought both her kids so that they could learn to be responsible and learn to give back to their community. So they helped out with serving, cleaning trays, wiping down tables, and mopping! They are all regulars there and knew where everything was and what needed to be done.

Today we served barbecue chicken, green beans, potatoes, corn bread and sweet tea. And when that ran out there was pizza.

I saw the guy who is transitioning out so spoke to him for a few minutes. He told me he was pretty close to getting a job in a kitchen and he was really looking forward to it.

I had another good volunteering experience here and will be back the next time I'm in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment