Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 160

After a busy day I went to SafeHouse, and was glad to be back :)

Again, it was a couple days since my last trip there, so it started with catch up conversations, and discussions on work, life, and the weather. My 2year old buddy was there too, so there was the usual running around.

The gentleman who always stays to clean up was there. So at the end of the night he and I picked up trash, put away chairs, and swept the lot. He's a quiet person, but we've bonded over cleaning and so I use the time to get to know more about him. Today we had a work-related conversation: he doesn't work and isn't currently looking for anything. He told me that he spends a lot of time in the library, reading up on environmental and global issues, and spends time in bible study. He said he is using this free time in a positive way and right now he is content with that.

That made an impact on me, and its refreshing to meet someone who values their time enough to do good things with their free time. Glad he was there today, and glad to be able to have these conversations with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment