Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 201

Between work and being a little sick, I couldn't make it out to volunteer, but I did visit sparked.com to help out in any way I could.

I started with helping a PT/OT hospital find ways to contact students who need internship/observational hours. All this took was a simple google search on different associations/schools. Three other volunteers also responded to this challenge so between us I think there are many leads for the hospital.

I then helped brainstorm ideas for a course on biodiversity taught by Friends of the Earth. The course is planned to take place over 6 weeks, with each session lasting about 1.5 - 2 hours.  The course will be free to attend and will take place in different locations across the country so they are trying to make each session easy to replicate and fun.

Looking forward to going back out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment