Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 210

Back in town this evening so I spent some time at SafeHouse. It was so nice to be back and to see most of the familiar faces :)

I helped out in the kitchen some. The group there was serving hot dogs and also had a variety of pies, cakes, muffins, donuts, and cookies. We set up two tables with just dessert - it was so tempting! There wasn't service this evening, instead they did a "show night" - anyone who wanted to perform, speak, play an instrument could do so. It was fun watching some of them perform and have a good time.

Outside, I had a couple of different conversations. I spoke to one gentleman who was working on his cover letter; we spoke about what kinds of key words to put in there and how to show case your experiences. I spoke to someone else about ways to relax and healthy venting; he says people sometimes vent to him and it gets him frustrated, so we talked about how to deal with that.

I left before they served the meal. Exhausted and looking forward to a quiet night and a weekend of giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment