Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 37

Jiten (my younger brother) and I delivered meals this morning for Open Hand. It was his first time volunteering with me so I wanted to make sure he had a good experience. We got there at 9am, signed in, picked up our route and meals and headed out. Today's drop off was really simple, all the meals were going to one building and would be distributed by the staff there. Once that was done we headed back to Open Hand.

When I asked my brother what he thought about today's volunteering his response was that we really didn't do much. But we did. Even though we only dropped food off to one location, we were providing meals to 6 or 7 people who aren't able to make their own meals. Giving back can be as simple as that!

Thanks for coming to help out today kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment