Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 56

So after battling Atlanta traffic, I made it to SafeHouse on time (kinda). There was a good band playing the music today and you could see that the crowd was enjoying it. There were even a couple of people standing up to dance. There was definitely a lot of energy in there today.

I was able to spend some time catching up with different people this evening: spoke to the gentleman who is interested in the stock market, today he told me about one of his goals in life - to open up a shelter specifically for people with drug addictions. We spoke about this for quite some time and he told me that he really wanted to help people by being there to support them through recovery. I then spoke to another gentleman who was really interested in Africa, and had several questions  about life there so we talked about the African culture, lifestyle, food, wildlife, and music. I saw the gentleman who is on YouTube and told him that I watched his videos on there, so he thanked me by singing another song, this one had a good beat.

Overall, a good night. Looking forward to going back tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment