Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 228

I had a tough day at SafeHouse today.

Hema and I made it there after work this evening. We started with talking to a gentleman across the street from SafeHouse. We talked about work, family, hunting, food. He and I always have a good time talking and he gets most people laughing, so we had a fun conversation.

Once inside we caught up with some of the regulars, got asked if we were twins, and got to watch a playful game of basketball. We also got to talk to one of the guys about relationships, his most recent heartbreak, and how each person moves on in a different way.

After that, my night became a little stressful. Tomorrow there won't be a group serving (that's twice this week and we're not even half way through the week!). Apparently there are going to be some changes at SafeHouse and, for a variety of reasons, the nightly impact service may no longer be every night. I know people will find elsewhere to eat, but will they have a place to go where they can be themselves, where they don't have to sit through service to get a meal, where they can socialize, play games, just chill out and still get a meal? I don't know. What can I do about it? Not sure, but for now I'll take meals to whoever I can...so for tomorrow's giving I am going to try take some meals to the park. If you're interested in helping, let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment