Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 241

It's an evening of virtual volunteering and Dona and I chose to go to Amnesty International. Here's what she did:

"I really should volunteer online more... and while I've been facebooking and tweeting about our fundraiser on Wednesday, August 31st at 7pm at The Nook (shameless plug), I decided on Amnesty International today....
 
Today, I Took Action with Amnesty International to support Egyptian women's political participation, legal reforms protecting women from domestic violence and women's social, economic and cultural rights.
 
It wasn't a big ordeal... I logged on.. saw that I didn't agree with the governing body of Egypt and their extreme measures to silence women... and voiced my opinion.
 
 
Your turn!"
 
I signed petitions for: Egyptian women's rights; deadly and unaccountable militias in India to disband; to stop forced evictions in Egypt's informal settlements; and to free indigenous rights activist Kopa Kunjam. 

Hope you get a chance to check out some of the petitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment