Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 239

Finally an evening at SafeHouse!! When I got there the gate was still closed so I wasn't sure if there was going to be a service today. But I waited for a bit and sure enough, they were open.

I started my evening talking to someone new - he has been on the streets for a month because his family "disowned" him but he is very positive that he will soon be off the streets. We talked for a while about school, his interest in fashion, Indian culture, and being respectful. He has been looking for a job for and is very persistent - I hope he finds something soon!

I didn't quite make it around to everyone but said hello to as many people as I could, and had several long conversations with some of the familiar faces.

Looking forward to going back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment