Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 277

I had an amazing night at SafeHouse! I dropped off socks, caught up with some people, got some more letters written and got some promises of letters on my next visit.

Spent most of the night talking with one gentleman about the retreat I just got back from, mindfulness and meditation, nature and beautiful places. We also talked about services provided to people who are homeless, whether it be assistance with housing or getting a child into a school that works with them and their circumstance. There's one young boy in particular that I always see - he has been raised on the street and has not been in school. It's not too late to help turn his life around but there are so many barriers to cross in order to do that, including his family. So the cycle of homelessness, in this particular family, will likely continue. How do we make a difference? How do we, as a society, help?

No comments:

Post a Comment