Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 283

I took advantage of the Columbus Day holiday and went to volunteer early this morning. I made it back to Books for Africa - Jiten has been going here a lot more than I do, so I figured I'd go back :)

We had a small group of about five volunteers this morning. But the staff there were still so thankful that we would choose to volunteer first thing on a Monday morning. He gave the usual tour and info about what they do and then we got to unpacking and sorting books. I worked on a pallet of college level books, most of them were computer programming books, but I had a few other subjects too. It was an easy sort especially since I didn't have to figure out the grade level. I ended up staying a little later than scheduled so I could finish off my pallet.

I enjoyed volunteering there this morning, and prefer the smaller volunteer groups here because it doesn't get too chaotic. Hopefully I'll get to go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment