Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 118

So I'm still out of town and unable to find places to volunteer here - which means online volunteering tonight! Also, Raksha and Dona have done such a wonderful job covering, they really deserve a break, so here goes...

A couple months back I tried a new online volunteering site - www.sparked.com. While it was a great opportunity it just wasn't one that I really enjoyed and I couldn't find a lot of challenges to help out with. I got an email from them this week to come back and check out the new challenges. I did. And I actually found some that I  enjoyed and could help with.

The first was Cradles to Crayons - an organization that strives to provide children up to age 12 living in homeless and low-income situations with the essentials they need to feel safe, warm, ready to learn, and valued. They needed help researching stats on poverty - research...right up my alley (yes I'm the nerd int he group)!

I also critiqued a website for an animal rescue shelter (www.GreenPetsAmerica.com) based in Canton, GA: Green Pets America is a non-profit animal rescue organization formed by volunteers who are dedicated to providing innovative solutions to solve the homeless animal crisis in America.

The last was some more research on blogs related to Alzheimer's for the Alzheimer's Research and Prevention Foundation, an organization dedicated to the prevention of memory loss and Alzheimer's disease.

So if you're interested in making a difference and aren't able to get out to do so, check out sparked.com. They have a variety of non-profit organizations on there that need help in various ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment