Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

It's been a long week of virtual giving and I can't wait to be out in the community again! But on a positive note, we've been able to find several virtual giving opportunities, and even more important, we've had your support in giving! From saving dolphins to donating rice, I really appreciate all the support and time you guys have given this.

Today I'd like to share a couple more online opportunities, courtesy of Aarti - thank you!

The first one http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1&link=ctg_ths_home_from_ths_thankyou_leftnav_logo is just a click and donate site (again based on advertisements/sponsorships). So today I donated: 1.1 cups of food; helped a woman in need get a free mammogram; and provided health care to a child. The site has about six different click and donate tabs.

Another click and donate site - http://www.care2.com/click-to-donate/. On this one I was able to help one child; save 7.4 sq ft of rainforest; protect 11000sq ft of big cat habitat; supported life saving research for cancer; helped a shelter pet; helped protect baby seals; protected 100 sq ft of ocean; fed a rescued primate; offset my computer's energy use to stop global warming; helped provide justice for women who are abused; and helped protect threatened wolves. Again, multiple click and donate pages on this site, it takes just a few minutes, so check them all out!

And, with my newest addiction - http://www.freerice.com/ - I've donated 6220 grains of rice!

For me, there's one more day of virtual giving and then back to the community Saturday! Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment