Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23

It was another good night at SafeHouse. The church group that came in was super organized and didn't need any extra help in the kitchen so I socialized for most of the evening. I usually spend the time before the service helping out in the kitchen but today I spent it out on the lot. There was quite a bit going on outside. Different groups of people were chatting, some were on their own just waiting. One lady in particular caught my attention - she was dancing around the lot, talking to herself, and then screaming at nobody in particular. I then had a long conversation with a gentleman who cleans windows; we spoke about window cleaning and being up 60+ floors, what it was like for him growing up on a farm, health care, mental health, food, relationships, and so much more!
Before I left he thanked me for talking to him - some people just want to have a normal conversation. It still amazes me that a conversation is all it takes to make a difference in someone's day!

I'm going back tomorrow, feel free to come hang out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment