Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20

I spent the evening at SafeHouse today and got to volunteer with a youth group from a local church. Joe, you were right - what an amazing group of kids! They made all the food, did the service, sang (got the crowd singing too), spoke, served food, mingled, and cleaned up everything! They had such a great attitude and had no qualms about hanging out with everyone. It was good to see teens come out, without being forced, to make a difference in someone else's day.

My favorite conversation tonight - a gentleman spoke to me about smiling and how it is the best way to start your day. He then said to me: everytime you come here you're smiling, its good, because your smile can make somebody else's day! Another reason for me to keep smiling now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment