Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 128

Happy Mother's day! The group at SafeHouse brought flowers for all the mums this evening - they were all surprised and touched. It was great watching as some of the kids handed flowers to their mums and the rest of the ladies there.

I was only there for a little while today and stayed outside talking to people the whole time :)
I spoke with one of the guys who volunteers around the city - we talked about work, relationships, and faith. He had some good news to share with me related to work, keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

I also talked to one of the guys who had a (for lack of a better word) "normal" experience yesterday. It was amazing listening to him tell me about his day because he was so appreciative of things we take for granted. The smile on his face was priceless! Hoping he has more days like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment