Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 147

I spent the evening at SafeHouse today. I started off catching up with one of the ladies. We had been talking about her getting off the streets and today she had some good news for me - she has moved into transitional housing! She made my day! I am so excited for her and am keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for her.

I also caught up with my fellow volunteer. He helped out at the food and wine festival last weekend and had a great time. He's volunteering at the jazz festival this weekend - can't wait to hear about it!

I'm looking forward to going back on Sunday - there were a couple people I didn't get a chance to talk to. Hopefully see them then.

Meet Vancouver - one of the guys collects cans to recycle - Vancouver belongs to him

No comments:

Post a Comment