Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 126


Money, leadership, time, labor, things...

When non-profit organizations list their needs, they generally fall into one of those categories up there.

Chandni's proven that it's possible for the average being to donate their time, efforts, and money in a manner that will still fit your lifestyle while continuing to make an impact.

It's SACRIFICE. And it doesn't have to be painful, or a grand gesture.

Today, I made a HUGE sacrifice... or a lengthy one at least.. hehe.

Raksha had planned for us to head over to Aveda so she could get highlights, so I decided to tag along... ENOUGH SAID.

Lubna was originally supposed to tag along and had an appointment made, and Raksha convinced me to take it.. to at least get a trim, or do something with my hair..

Well, they did something with my hair alright!

Today, I donated 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love.

Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. They meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses provided help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

I feel good! I could've sold it to make some really nice tracks for someone's weave. For those of you who do not know, watch Chris Rock's, "Good Hair"... but I donated to a great organization and it's for a good cause!

So ladies, thinking about chopping off your hair? Keep Locks of Love in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment