Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121

Before leaving town this evening I stopped at SafeHouse for a few hours. It felt like I hadn't been there in a while (even though I was there for an hour Friday!) so I hung out on the lot and caught up with some of the guys and met some new people.

It was a busy Sunday and there were lots of conversations to be had. I hung out with one of the ladies, just catching up on our weekends; I talked with the gentleman who's shy for a while and he talked to me a little more today; I spoke with a gentleman from Salvador about life in Atlanta; I spoke to the stock market gentleman about his vision of transitioning people who are homeless; I spoke to someone else about donating his hair (when he cuts it) to Locks of Love - it was awesome! Of course, there were the regular hello's to familiar faces while helping clean up the lot.

Looking forward to my next visit there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment