Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 246

It has been another busy day! Between wedding events, DragonCon, NFL draft and everything else I wasn't sure I'd make it out today. Fortunately I was able to sneak out for a little bit to spend the evening at SafeHouse.

I met another wonderful volunteer who plans on being there quite often; for most of the evening we sat in a group and just had random conversations. We were also sitting by the fence and could see many people dressed up for DragonCon - the outfits of course led to many interesting conversations, and we reminisced about some of the characters we had seen growing up.

I only had one one-on-one conversation with a SafeHouse frequenter. We caught up on life, work, and family. We then talked a little about Indian culture and then moved on to hair styles and NFL draft picks.

It was nice having a laid back day there...I'll be back during the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment