Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 268

There were some last minute changes in today's plans, so I ended up at SafeHouse this evening (yay!!).

The evening started off a little slow, and I took advantage of that to talk to some of the quieter people. One gentleman I spoke to lives under a bridge - we have a ritual anytime I pass this bridge and he is there, I honk twice and he waves. Today we talked about Kool-Aid - his favorite flavors, why he thinks it is the best drink, and how he makes it. He also shared that he has never been outside Atlanta, he says he is a true Southerner! He does not like the idea of traveling on planes and trains and we had a long conversation about all the things that can go wrong when you are traveling.

I also got to catch up with one of the ladies who told me about her kids a few weeks back...she is going back home this evening and will be with her kids! She was so excited! She has things she needs to work on and I'm hoping she can make positive changes not just for her sake but for her kids too.

No comments:

Post a Comment