Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61

Jiten filled in for me again today, here's what he has to say:

"Went back to books for africa today and helped with the final packaging for the botswana book project. There were about 20 volunteers there today (the spring break chics were still there :D lol). I worked with an older couple today, Chris and his wife Connie. They are currently helping Pam with her project whilst also trying to make a difference by doing a similar thing in Zimbabwe. They were excited to meet me after hearing that a motswana was helping out on Monday. We were basically just packing all the boxes for shipment today. And also received about 5000 books from a high school in St. Louis, which was totally awesome. We managed to pack about 100 boxes of books and encyclopaedias which will be going to Maun Senior Secondary school. It was a fun day and I was really excited that in a few weeks these books will be all over public schools in Botswana.

Will be looking forward to the next time I'm back there to help out."

Thank you sooooo much for filling in for me kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment