Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 72

There were so many people at SafeHouse this evening. Between the groups visiting this week and the group serving today, the parking lot was filled with cars and so many people! I've not seen it that busy before so I was surprised when I walked on to the lot. Of course this meant being able to hang out with everyone outside enjoying the weather.

I spent some time talking to a gentleman about religion. Every time I see him he has a big smile on his face, and is always saying hello to everyone he sees. We had a brief conversation many weeks ago and when he saw me today he said he wrote me something. He gave me four pages of his thoughts on religion and talked to me about seeing the world with "spiritual eyes", and when you do that you see the world in a positive light.

I spoke to another gentleman who told me that our lives are not predetermined (this was from a conversation some weeks ago about being able to tell one's future). He then went on to talk about the "whole truth' versus the "holy truth". He is very insightful and we usually have very deep conversations. Looking forward to going back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment