Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 80

It was an evening full of conversations, and visits from friends I hadn't seen in a while, at SafeHouse today. I started off talking to the gentleman who shares his insight on spirituality and religion. He had another note for me today and said that I had the spirit to discern. He went on to tell me about the different types of spirits and shared some personal stories about spirituality in his life. We talked a little about jobs, he used to work with children with autism and mental retardation and he says this prompted him to take a spiritual approach to life.

One of the guys I hadn't seen in a while - he's the one who wants to get his GED soon - stopped by for a little while so we got to catch up. The last time I saw him he said that the school plans were on hold because he needed to get a job. Today he shared some good news - he has a job and starts at the end of this week! He also performed some of his music (he writes and performs raps) this past weekend at an open mic and told me he was asked to go back in a couple of weeks to perform again. He made my day with all this good news - I hope he continues to do well and work towards his goals!

I saw one of the other guys who disappeared for a while - he's the shy one who was starting to engage in more conversations with me. He held back a little again, and was keeping to himself and reading his poetry. We talked for a couple of minutes. He said he was doing well and was staying busy. I was glad to know that he was doing okay.

I ended the evening with my 2year old buddy, so it was definitely another good night there!

No comments:

Post a Comment