Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76

Finally made it back to the Atlanta Community Food Bank this evening! Their volunteer slots fill up really fast, I think I signed up for today about 6 weeks ago! This is definitely a popular group event for many schools and teams.

A basketball team was supposed to come in but weren't able to today so there were only nine volunteers (usually about 20 volunteers helping out each night). I knew one of the volunteers from Kashi, so we worked together on the scales. The great thing about the scales - you can get your workout in too! We were lifting and moving 20-30lb boxes all night.

I had a wonderful time, the company was great, conversation was interesting, and we boxed 2521lbs of food, which would feed 1680 people! I signed up for next week too (six weeks ago), looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment